Every time you send your company drivers out on the road, you risk an accident happening. Accidents happen every day. As a business owner, maintain proper commercial auto insurance to cut the financial risks associated in these instances.
If your driver causes an accident, do you have protection? The right commercial auto liability coverage can keep your business operational. That is often even if your business faces costly lawsuits from these incidents.
When Will Commercial Auto Insurance Help You?
The type of liability business insurance you have matters. If your company uses a vehicle for business-related activities, you should have commercial auto insurance. This will include a higher level of liability insurance. That coverage may provide you protection from many lawsuits filed against your company. This usually includes incidents in which your driver causes damage to another person or vehicle. He or she must be operating the vehicle for business-related purposes for this to take place, though.
There are a few limitations to this type of auto insurance policy.
- The policy will have an upper limit. The business remains responsible for any costs above this.
- The commercial auto insurance plan may cover defense and other legal expenses.
- This type of liability insurance may only apply in situations where the vehicle's use was for the business's needs specifically.
- It is likely to pay for repairs to another driver's vehicle. It will also likely cover costs related to the damage of another person's property.
- Your employee's medical bills may have coverage as well.
As a business owner, it is important to take a closer look at your policy on a routine basis. Find out if your commercial auto insurance provides enough coverage. And, if you operate multiple vehicles, the policy should extend to each vehicle. Cover each of your drivers as well. Even with limited actual use of a vehicle for business needs, this insurance plan is a must.
In the event of an accident, trust in your business insurance agent. He or she can guide you through filing a claim. Handled properly, this type of incident may not lead to expensive lawsuits. Your company can get through the process. However, having a customized commercial auto insurance policy is a must. Be sure it properly represents your business as well as the amount and type of risk you face on the road.
Need Shreveport commercial auto insurance? Bromell Agency, Inc. can help you get a fast free policy quote if you call 318-251-1212 now.