Call Us Today For A Free Quote | (318) 251-1212
Bromell Agency, Inc. Providing great insurance quotes and expert advice from professionals in the industry

Single woman at home

Even if you are single, it is important to carry homeowners insurance for yourself. Homeowners insurance can protect your dwelling and personal property in the space. It may also have liability coverage to mitigate injury or property damage risks visitors to your property face.

However, living alone doesn’t mean you spend all your time alone. You likely have guests in and out of your home all the time. Each of these guests poses unique risks to your homeowners insurance. You may wind up wondering how your own policy can protect your guests.

Protections for Guests Under Homeowners Insurance

As a homeowners insurance holder, a single individual is the policy’s executor. Therefore, you have the highest degree of policy coverage. However, your policy may also extend coverage to other guests in your home. The amount of coverage each guest receives usually depends on who they are and how they relate to you.

  • A simple visitor to your home may have a limited degree of coverage under your home insurance policy. They might be able to claim damages to their personal property on your own policy.
  • Tenants, or renters, usually don’t have coverage under your own policy. They often have to buy renters insurance to safeguard their own risks.

Homeowners need to check their specific policies when they buy coverage. They may need to specify their policies to cover visitors’ personal property or renters protections.

Adjust Your Coverage When You’re No Longer Single

Your life can change at any time. You may be single one day, then have dependents the next day. You may enter a relationship, have children or get married. This change in status may impact your home insurance coverage.

  • Generally, people who related to you have full coverage under your homeowners insurance. These may include spouses, parents and children. Even children who are no longer dependent may have coverage on a parent's policy.
  • If you enter into a relationship, your partner may decide to move into your home. Even though you’re no longer single, your homeowners insurance may not cover this individual. You are not married or legally related to this person. Therefore, your policy may only cover this individual as a guest in your home.

If your relationship status changes, tell your homeowners insurance company. Your agent may be able to help you adjust your coverage limits to better cover each new member of your family.

Call Bromell Agency, Inc. at (318) 251-1212 right now! We can help you get a free quote on Shreveport homeowners insurance.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version
Instant Quote
We love referrals! And thank you even more for your continued business.
Customer Service
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website.
Join Our Newsletter
Stay in touch with the latest events, news and offers we have.
From Our Blog

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google
Stay In Touch With Us Helpful Site Links Contact Us
Sign up now to receive new and updates

711 North Vienna Street
Ruston, LA 71720
Office: 318-251-1212
Fax: 318-251-3089

880 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop, St B
Shreveport, LA 71118
Office: 318-687-1222

Powered by Insurance Website Builder
Trusted Choice Trusted Choice