Toy Vehicles Information
Boat, RV, and Motorcycle Insurance in Ruston, LA
Responsible adults have to insure their toys. That includes boats, RVs, and motorcycles to name a few. At Bromell, we can help you get the coverage you need at a rate that won’t break the bank. The only thing better than enjoying a bike or boat ride is doing so with the peace of mind insurance provides.
ATV, Moped & Motorcycle Insurance in Shreveport, LA
In order to register your motorcycle, moped, or 4-wheeler in the state of Louisiana, you must show proof of insurance. At minimum, you need $15,000 or $30,000 for bodily injury or death and $25,000 for property damage.
Are the minimums enough for you? Remember, in addition to getting a great rate, you must make sure you have adequate coverage to make those premiums worthwhile.
Your independent motorcycle insurance agent can help tailor a coverage package that may include additional coverages such as increased liability coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage, replacement cost coverage, towing and roadside assistance, coverage for passengers, rental reimbursement, lease/loan gap coverage, and coverage for optional or customized features on your bike.
Those additional coverages, should they be recommended, can be a major factor in how well you recover financially from a motorbike accident.
What factors determine your motorcycle insurance rate?
The following factors are critical in determining your motorcycle insurance rate:
- Age and driving history
- Style of bike
- Where you live and how you store your vehicle
- Are you a year-round or seasonal rider?
- Do you regularly carry passengers or not?
- Do you ride on a street or a track?
- Have you recently completed a safety course or are you a part of a group like the American Motorcyclists Association (AMA) or the Harley Owners Group (HOG)? If so, you may be eligible for a discount.
Note: Not only do you need to carry insurance on your motorcycle or moped, but you must make sure you have proof of insurance on you when riding. If you are unable to show proof of insurance when asked, your bike may be impounded!
Contact us today for a quote for motorcycle insurance. Louisiana boasts some of the most beautiful roads and scenic byways. Get your quote today and hit the road tomorrow!
Personal Watercraft and Boat Insurance in Bossier City, Louisiana
Is boat insurance required by law in Louisiana? No. Is it a really good idea to carry it anyway? Absolutely.
The Bayou State is consistently ranked within the top 10 states for boating. And if you live here you know, whether it’s a fishing charter or a pleasure cruise, being out on the water is just a way of life for Louisianans.
In 2013, the US Coast Guard tallied 96 recreational boating accidents in Louisiana, resulting in 15 deaths, 92 people being injured, and over $600,000 worth of property damage. The number one cause of boating accidents was collision with a recreational vessel.
Basic Boat Insurance Coverages – From Bass Fishing Boats to Yachts
The risk of injury or property damage is very real due to inattentive, inexperienced, or intoxicated boaters that you’re sharing the waters with. And compared to your other higher-cost insurance premiums, your boat insurance rate is generally relatively affordable, on average, running around $300 to $500 annually – a small price to pay for peace of mind. The most common watercraft coverages include:
- Watercraft liability: Helps cover medical costs, loss of income, and funeral expenses of others involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft: Helps cover injuries sustained by you, your family, or anyone on your boat as the result of an accident involving an uninsured/underinsured boater.
- Medical payments: Helps cover payment for some of your medical costs or those of passengers on your watercraft.
- Property coverage: Helps cover damage to your boat as a result of collision with another boat, pier, buoy, or dock and also typically pays for damage or loss as a result of theft, fire, vandalism, and some natural disasters.
Additional Boat Insurance Coverages
Your watercraft insurance agent may recommend additional coverages to help protect you and your family, including personal property coverage, emergency services coverage, additional boat equipment coverage, boat trailer coverage or repair cost endorsement coverage.
Ask about applicable boat insurance discounts like safety courses and bundling with other insurance policies!
What factors determine your boat insurance rate?
- How often and for what purposes you’ll be using your boat.
- Your driving record.
- Your boat insurance claims record.
- The experience level of additional drivers of the boat.
- What safety precautions have you taken?
- How fast the boat goes.
- Gender and age
- Year, make and model of your watercraft and motor
- Region of the country – natural disasters such as hurricanes may increase your rate
- Your credit score
- If you will be using your boat on inland waters or coastal waters
Protect your way of life with boat or watercraft insurance from your independent Louisiana agency, Bromell Agency. Contact us today for a boat insurance quote!
Camper, Winnebago & RV Insurance in Louisiana
Recreational vehicles, campers, motor homes, even horse trailers all need coverage on Louisiana roads. Our experienced, professional insurance agents will help assess your recreational vehicle insurance needs and provide a quote.
Since we’re independent agents, we can shop around from the biggest and most trusted insurance companies in order to find you a comprehensive option that may include general liability, physical damage, personal items, vacation liability, emergency expenses, hitch and permanent attachments, or even comprehensive coverage.
Contact us today for policy information and an RV/Travel Trailer insurance quote.
Have Fun in Sportsman’s Paradise in North Louisiana!
Sportsman’s Paradise is a region of Northern Louisiana comprising the major cities of Monroe-West Monroe, Ruston, Shreveport, Haynesville, Minden and Bossier City.
Sporstman’s Paradise is packed with scenic, natural and historic locations, boasting more than twice the number of state parks and historic sites than are found in any of the other four regions in Louisiana (Cajun Country, Crossroads, Greater New Orleans and Plantation Country).
Did you know that Monroe-West Monroe is home to the Robertson family of A&E’s “Duck Dynasty”? You can even take an official tour and visit locations featured in the TV show.
The opportunities for outdoor recreation are almost limitless in this region, including hiking, fishing, biking and bird watching. Enjoy a cruise down Red River or a leisurely day in the water on a dock or pontoon in one of the many calm, freshwater lakes.
The parks feature countless waterfront locations for picnicking and camping (tent and RV). In season, there are waterfowl and big game hunting opportunities as well. Of course, you’ll want to make sure you have the proper license or permit to participate in any hunting or fishing.
When you’re ready to come in out of the great outdoors, the Sportsman’s Paradise region hosts plenty of foodie, tourist and shopping attractions as well, including:
- A variety of restaurants serving up the fresh, regional fare Louisiana is famous for, as well as other award-winning ethnic and cultural cuisines.
- Museums that provide historic context and appreciation for the area and some of its earliest and most famous inhabitants.
- Vineyards that welcome you to tour and sample the vintages.
- “Unique-boutique”, antique, and outlet mall shopping destinations to satisfy any type of shopper, whether you’re hunting for a great deal or a one-of-a-kind.
When planning your next family getaway, consider Sportsman’s Paradise for a taste of the fresh Louisiana outdoors.
The information on this page is for general description purposes only and does not constitute professional insurance advice or counsel. Please view our entire disclaimer for details.